Friday, May 11, 2007

The process begins

Interestingly, this isn't as easy as you might think. It's amazing how often you think "hey.. I might need that" as you sort through the junk.

So, I made a list and just started adding things to it. The criteria was: Do I use it. Here's a short list:

  • Big expensive round kitchen table. Used once or twice a year, maybe. Giving it to one of my employees.
  • 2nd Car (a Scion xB). Keep it to buy THINGS... man I don't need that. Selling it now.
  • Living room set. Big, comfy and rarely used. I need one comfortable reading/listening to music chair. Not a set that seats 7 with stone tables. Not sure how to get rid of this just yet, craigs list again maybe? Freecycle.org?
  • Cloths. Man, I have alot of cloths. I'm thinking: If I haven't worn it for 1-18 months, it's salvation army material. I have more shoes than a girl. It's embarrassing when I really look at it.

Also looking at realtors to sell the house. This is likely to be the last to go, but it's in my mind.

Cable TV. THIS is hard. Harder than I thought. I don't watch a ton of TV, but I have favorite shows I record and watch later (and one or two must see's like the daily show). Can I do without them? Of course. Do I really want to? ummm.... SHOULD I do without them... I suspect yes.

No comments: